Monday, August 27, 2007

Under God


This is one of many reasons I love Texas:
As of July 2007 the pledge of allegiance to the Texas state flag is
"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible." How great is that? In a time when everyone is afraid to mention "God" in any State matter, We as Texans add it to the pledge. And I was not aware until last year that the school children repeat this daily. I love it.
God blessed Texas!

4 comments:

wackyjackie said...

I remember when I first heard the kids say the Texas part at the end of the pledge. I didn't know what they were doing! I wonder if they do that in other states? We didn't do it in AZ.

Tracie said...

We didn't do it here when I was in school. It is a new thing!

Shauna said...

Tracie dont hate me for saying this but, i dont like Texas. It is so hot and humid...i feel like im inhaling liters of water with every breath. Not to mention 1 trillion bugs everywhere and so many freeways i am lost every time i get in the car.

dont hate me. im glad you have pride.

Barlow Fam said...

#1 I can't believe you could be friends with "shavs". Total blasphemy!

#2 I too think it's awesome that they remember God in the Texas pledge. Just goes to show you where the promised land really is!

See you Thurs!