Monday, January 7, 2008

Headaches and Friends

I fear that my blog will become a whining outlet for me this pregnancy. I will do my best to refrain from too much complaining. I really do enjoy being pregnant. Just not until about 17 weeks or so! For the last 4 days I have a massive headache. I am know to get migraines from time to time, but nothing like this. Tylenol wasn't helping (go figure). I was ready to throw in the towel night before last. It was crying into my pillow bad. My mother thinks it is all the extra estrogen. Does mean It could be a girl? That is all the whining I have for today.
But on to my friends. I feel as if I owe everyone of you a big hug with an huge apology attached. I have always felt that I am a pretty caring person, At least I try to be. My thoughts are always right on. And yet I am not a do-er! I feel like I have the best of intentions to be a good friend, make dinner for someone, send that thank you note, take that much need diet coke over, even call. And yet, nothing. I may follow through with one kind deed a month. How horrible. And even more than that I feel that I have become a horrible listener! There is always some child needing something and I don't have that ability that Randy has to completely ignore the screaming. I somehow believe that if I fix that problem I might be able to finish my adult conversation. So- To my friends, including you babe! I am sorry. Know that I think of calling and writing and coming to your rescue very often. I, in the mean time will not do any of it, but pray that it really is the thought that counts!!

7 comments:

Elena said...

Oh, Tracie. I'm so sorry about the headaches. You poor little thing. I think headaches are as bad as it gets. I wish I had some sort of idea of how to help.
I'm often amazed at your posts because it sounds like me writing. I'm always feeling guilty for the ideas - but not the actions. I've told many people that my intentions are great but my follow through stinks.
Hope you feel better and enjoy the pregnancy. Baby Girl Tillman is starting to kick all over the place - so fun.

Lauren said...

I feel the same way. You are not alone when it comes to the follow through :)

PrincessKatie said...

I woudl love to know hwo to ignore kids. And you can send me that much needed diet coke anytime. You are so cute and I bet youa re such a great friend. I wish I lived closer to yoU!

Jen said...

Tracie--you are a wonderful friend! And I totally understand about the thoughts and then not being able to follow through. I never truly understood how demanding kids can be until I had my own. I didn't understand how truly "disjointed" one conversation with a friend can be...

You are a great mommy and friend and I am so thankful for your friendship!

Muggle Mom said...

bust out the excedrin girl!!! that stuff saved me with prego headaches.

Tiffany said...

So miserable, headaches are the worst. And you are a great friend. Follow through is a problem for many of us, and I truly believe (maybe just to save my own sanity) it is just because we all have busy lives.

wackyjackie said...

You are allowed to complain! Being pregnant is hard, especially the more times you do it. I will always listen to your complaints, if you need to get them out. I know just talking about it helps.

On the second subject, you have done many thoughtful things for me. I love my "srapbook nerd" vinyl you gave me and I think of you everytime I see it on my scrapbook storage thingy! I love having you for a friend!