Monday, April 28, 2008

everything and the kitchen sink


Okay- really just the kitchen sink. I discovered the kitchen sink when I was pregnant with meg. Throwing up in the toilet is miserable. Throwing up in general is pretty ugly, but the toilet is the worst. I could go into to details about splashing and what not, but I will spare you. Just that the kitchen sink is my favorite spot. Well- lately I have not been as on top of the dishes as I once was. This has posed a problem a time or two. The sink is full of dinner dishes and then where do I go? This problem has been fixed by my wonderful husband. Dishes never really bother him, so they usually could sit and be fine, but the last two weeks this amazing man has made sure that dinner is promptly cleaned up. Only after he has cooked it too. So each night once dinner hits my stomach, my sink has been clean and clear for me. Thanks Randy. Although he may just owe me for using me as his "funny story" to tell his class. He has informed them that I am the loudest puker he knows. They in turn think he is super funny for talking about his wife's vomit. Fifth graders! or Husbands!!

11 comments:

jess said...

i am totally a loud puker too!!!
the worst was when i was pregnant and puked right after dinner at my parent's house in the powder room. as i'm puking my guts out, i hear them all laughing in the next room and making fun of how loud i was. somehow, i didn't think it was very funny at all. i hope the sickness goes away soon!

Lauren said...

You poor thing! I hope you are through the puking stage soon too!

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

What a good guy! I was miserably sick with both of my pregnancies, too; but my husband never did the dishes for me-let alone, cook. I'll have to talk to him about that :). Hang in there. Hopefully the sick part will soon be over.

Courtney said...

That is too funny! But i'm glad you have such a good husband that takes care of the dishes! I agree with you on the puking in the toilet thing! The sink is definitely a better option!

Anonymous said...

Dont you love husbands that can (and will) do it all if you need them!!! I am totally picturing Randy telling the story. It made me laugh, thanks for sharing.

emily w. said...

Nothing says true love like clearing a spot for your wife to puke. You've got a good guy there.

Misty said...

If you are ever in the area and need a sink-Come on over!!!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

OH, what a good Hubby!

Tiffany said...

Randy is a great hubby. I am glad that the sink works for you, but it has to be the kitchen. I had a young woman at my house one night and she puked in the bathroom sink, clogged it up, and left it for me to clean. It was super fun.

Kristy said...

Families are the best for telling stories to your students! They really help the concepts hit home--and help the kids to remember. Now, every time one of his students see you, that is ALL they will remember about you! Hahahaha!

jenreeder said...

Gotta love good men.
I am also a loud puker... I was staying at my in-laws once while pregnant with Julie and I was puking downstairs and it made my mother in-law sick from the sound UPSTAIRS! This was no small house, either. I was so embarrassed! I had no idea until Jer told me that she had to turn on music and run the water in the sink just to drown out the noise! I really wanted to die.