Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just say no!

I received a phone call yesterday asking me if I would go to girls camp again this year, this time with the stake. I have been really torn as to what to do. Randy would be done with summer school and could handle the animals at home. It was more about me. Do I really want to go again? I am not even in YW's anymore. Leave my family when my hubby is home? Being pregnant? And it is the week right before our big family beach trip. I would come home Friday and leave Saturday. I love girls camp. Hate camping but love being with the girls. I was very very torn. Randy said he was fine if I went. (although when I came home last year he said "never again") So I needed help. I called my friend Becca. (I called her mainly because I knew what she would say) Right away she said no, are you crazy, you went last year! I love Becca. I needed someone to tell me that it is okay for me to say no! So- I called this morning and told them I couldn't do it this year. I felt horrible saying it, but now I feel just great with that decision! Just say no!

8 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Hello - CRAZY for you to go this year! A no brainer.

Elena said...

We Mormons have the hardest time saying no. I'm very proud of you and will hopefully use you as inspiration next time I'm faced with a similar situation.

Jen said...

I am proud of you! Saying no is often so difficult. But now you will enjoy your beach trip so much more and hopefully have a somewhat relaxing summer!

The Baker said...

i need to learn that word too!

Suzie said...

I'm so glad that you said no. You have absolutly every right not to go. I would have said no right off the bat, just because I am pregnant. Good for you.

wackyjackie said...

Good for you. When I was young they didn't let pregos even go!

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you said no. There are a lot of people that have a hard time saying no. I do not happen to be one of them, but tact is not one of my strong suits either. You are super sweet. I am proud of you.

Kristy said...

Good for you! I know it is hard balancing obligations with family--but it is time you said no and enjoyed the time with your family. Plus--who wants to camp when they're pregnant?? Hahaha!