Tuesday, April 15, 2008

fridays

since moving back to texas there have been a number of wonderful things in my life. one of which i hold very dear will be coming to an end. friday lunch! my wonderful parents work at the temple every friday evening. since they head into town we have had a standing lunch date every friday. this has been a highlight for me. i love fridays for this very reason. my children love fridays because of this as well. there have been times when this doesn't happen, too many kids, too little time, too many errands, whatever the case. and on those occasions i have not been the same mother that weekend. it is a great escape for me. well this all ended last week. i have known it was going to end soon, they are leaving to go somewhere this summer. (i say somewhere because they are waiting to hear back from china or go on a mission to Guatemala.) but since i have taken on another full time kid, it is all at an end sooner than i wanted. i have loved being spoiled by lunch, i have loved one on one time with my parents, and i have loved that my kids get that time too. fridays will never be the same!


*our last lunch date at red lobster. meg was finally brave enough to touch "larry the lobster".

8 comments:

wackyjackie said...

You are so lucky that you see your mom and dad so much (your kids are too). I long for that with my parents. Some days I still miss them so much it makes me cry. I've only lived away from them for almost 10 years now, you'd think I would be over it. I used to cry everytime I saw a phone truck (my dad works for a phone company)!

Jen said...

I don't even think I would be brave enough to touch Larry the Lobster!

Suzie said...

Yum! I want to eat Larry the Lobster!

jenreeder said...

That is so fun. Now that both of my kids are in school I get to have lunch with my mom and dad a couple of times a week. It is so fun, but a little hard on the diet :)

Carl and Starla said...

So sad that you can't have your lunch date with your parents anymore! Your parents are so sweet. Meg is just so cute, I don't see any of my kids touching Larry the Lobster. I hope your feeling better, sometimes it just feels like the baby can't come soon enough!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

It's time for them just to bring it to you!! TC picks up easy. I'm with Suzie - let's eat Larry!!

Kim said...

I agree with Becca! they need to just bring food to you!

PrincessKatie said...

what a fun traidtion. I am sure you will have great memories from that for years to come.