Last night we ran to Costco. We were out of milk and I have not been at my best so taking four kids there by myself was not an option. While there, the kids are crazy. I am talking jumping out of the cart running away and hiding kind of crazy. I had told them that they were trying to earn ice cream, so when it came time to leave, I of course explained that there would be no ice cream. Tyson handled it well, Meg on the other hand, broke down. Screaming, crying mess! It was ugly. I am trying to pay and make sure I get all my coupons and she tells me "mom, since you don't love me, I am going to stay here." Are you kidding me? My five year old is saying this to me. I told Randy and then I thought that I could handle this one of two ways. I could bend down and tell her that I love her and I would be so sad if she didn't want to come home with us, or I could walk away and tell her good bye! After the events of the store, I chose to walk away. I know not the best choice but I was too angry to be the best mother at that moment. We start walking away and she follows far enough behind to not be with us! And Tyson is getting really upset. (I had just scared them into staying by me with the mean people will take you bit) I then decided to make it right. I stopped and picked her up, told her I loved her and Heavenly Father wanted us to be a family forever and the whole loving mom scene played out. It was great and then we get in the car and two seconds later she comes up with this...
"You never cheer for me."
6 comments:
That is so hard. It is so hard to stand your ground in public when they are throwing a screaming fit. It is always super embarassing.
It will never cease to amaze me the things that these girls come up with. I can't wait until they are 16! :)
DRAMA!!! I know it - and Grace is teaching Lilly already. You totally played the right hand!! Well done!
I am really glad that my girls aren't the only ones who have done this...thanks for sharing!
Tracie! Its Megan Hullinger, do you remember me?! :) I saw your blog on the Baillios and I couldn't believe it! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm living in Ann Arbor, MI now while my hubby is in med school and we have a little girl, Madeleine. Anyway I just wanted to stop and say hi!
Megan
(natemeg.blogspot.com)
I used to runaway, when my parents "didn't love me". All the way to my Grandma's house next door. And my Grandma would always convince me that they really did love me.
Post a Comment