Wednesday, July 30, 2008

what a relief





here are some ultrasound pictures from our latest trip to the doc. when we went in to the first ultrasound my doctor couldn't see a few things that were important to check off the list. there was a problem seeing part of the heart and the brain. so she mentioned this and referred us to a specialist. of course we have both been panicky for two weeks, but yesterday we were reassured that things look great. he and by that third picture he is definitely proud to be a he. he looks healthy and whole. there was a calcium deposit on the muscle in his heart but it doesn't cause any problems. they did a 3-d one and yes i still think that they are a little creepy. and i do promise that this is the only time i will display my kids privates on the web.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

There is definitely no denying that he is a boy!

Suzie said...

You've gotta love those "proud to be a boy" shots. Ben can't wait for a new little boy friend to come along!!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Oh, I love that he looks like a baby now!!! Hooray!!

Tiffany said...

It always makes you feel better when you have that ultrasound that says they look healthy. I worried the whole time I was pregnant, but it got better after seeing the baby everytime.

Elena said...

How stressful. We had a similar incident with Avery. Everything turned out fine, but the waiting was excruciating. I'm sorry you had to go through it, but I'm glad all is well. Baby Lucas will be adorable.

Misty said...

I am so glad you were able to get that peace of mind. I love the pictures!!!!!
Glad to have you home!

wackyjackie said...

He looks beautifull! I love the 3-D pics. You can actually see what they look like. In Hayden's we could see his chubby cheeks and we were like Huh? Are you sure that's our picture, we don't have chubby babies. And sure enough he had big ole chubby cheeks!