Friday, August 29, 2008
"I hope you get one just like you"
Why are these words ringing in my head today? I will tell you why; my sweet little girl came home from her fourth day of kinder with a mark in her folder. We made it all the way to day four. It simply stated " talks too much, needs to pay attention". I flashed back to every teacher I had in elementary school. I was not a bad kid. I just liked to talk. I had mostly "S" marks in conduct with a few "N's" (needs improvement). But I just thought school was much more for social networking than for education. Meg seems to feel the same way. Poor girl. I don't know if she ever stood a chance. We had to talk about the consequences when she gets a mark and she seemed to understand. I just hope that her teacher isn't like my teachers were: Scorned and hated little girls! Just teasing, but didn't it feel that way sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Poor girl....it's just so hard not to chit-chat with all of those new friends. I can hardly wait to get my fair share.....yikes!!
P.S. I so wouldn't have Kendall is preschool either if I had another kid and a baby on the way...I'm barely making it now!!
I am so glad that she is surviving K! I wouldn't worry too much about the talking thing. I was the same way, I LOVED to talk. What little girl doesn't? Anyway, as long as her teacher is nice, I am sure it will all be fine. I totally agree, school is way more for socializing than for education!
That's my girl!!!!
Poor thing! I have a chatty girl, too. She just came home with a 66 on a math test that was ALL review. I asked her what happened and she said that she wasn't sure, just that she was talking to Emilio and Jon. GREAT! Not only talking, but chattin' up the boys!
So that's a little harsh! A mark after the fourth day!?!
I was a chatty little girl as well and I still learned what I needed to. Hopefully her teacher will chill out a little over the course of the year. They just expect so much from those little ones, sometimes I cannot even believe it!!!
Don't they know girls were born gabbing!? A mark for talking is way out of line!!! Caleb slapped a little boy in the face on Wednesday and recieved no mark (but obviously should have)! Aren't you so glad yours is a chatty girl instead of a throw-down boy?
Poor Meg. I hope it works out and things get better. I was super chatty too, I think I just got worse as I got older. I'm sure she will be fine.
that is hysterical and cute all at the same time. she will be fine. if she is just like you she is wonderful!
Those teachers were definitley scorned!! :)
She is tooo cute!
Becca was the same way. It's a good thing later in life...they just have to learn how to control it in elementary. Good luck!
Well I say if she turns out anything like you, she will be just fabulous! One of my favorite things about you, is that you make everyone feel comfortable and welcome and that is way better than good grades!
Post a Comment