Thursday, September 25, 2008

Grandma Barr

Connie on my dad's "Green Machine"

Randy's parents came to visit in August right before school started. I have been putting off blogging about the their trip. Here's why: When they returned home Connie was scheduled for an operation on her back. Very similar to what Randy had done in his neck. Things did not go as planned. She had a really hard time recovering, was put in the ICU and then had heart problems on top of an allergic reaction to the pain medicine. She was release from the hospital almost two weeks later. Only to return a few days after with what they thought was a heart attack. (it might have been, all the details are not being communicated) They gave her a major blood thinner that seems to solve what were clot problems. Released her and she returned last Thursday with a head ache. They found a bleed in her head and scheduled to move her to Salt Lake. On the way she had a seizure and they had to turn her around and life flight her there. She is there now, waiting for surgery and Randy flew out last night to be with her. We are very concerned and very anxious to get more information. WE LOVE YOU GRANDMA! We are praying for you.

**Update 9/26: She had surgery yesterday and everything went great. She was still coming out of it last I talked to Randy, but it looks really good. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

9 comments:

Elena said...

If he needs a place to stay, we have a guest room. Best of luck.

jkhuber said...

Oh, I hope they can get it all fixed and that she can recover okay. What a roller coaster! We'll keep her in our prayers.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

WOW, Your poor family!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

We will keep her and Randy in our prayers. Yikes, that is so scary! I hate that we are becoming the age where our parents are "old."

Kim said...

keep us posted; we'll be thinking about you all.

PrincessKatie said...

I amg lad that things seemed to go wellt oday. HOw is Randy feeling tonight? sounds like he didn't have a fun afternoon. I hope he is okay I know he is staying at my moms but I told them to let me know if he needs anything. Keep me poste on what youy hear!

Uncle Brent said...

Ha Ha, I figured it out. Randy was showing me this last night. Great job Tracie. Pretty neat.....Give my Nephews & Niece a hug for me!!!! Randy's recipe sounds really easy!!!!Love You Guys & Girls!!!

Misty said...

I am so sorry to hear all that. We will keep all of you in our prayers. Call if you need a break from kiddos! We can keep them awhile.

Johanna said...

I'm glad things are looking up for her.