Friday, October 3, 2008

words

Caden has been my latest talker. I would have been a bit concerned if I were a better mother. I knew he just didn't care much. So in the last two weeks he has entered my long forgotten favorite stage. THE REPEATER!! I love it when they learn to talk. Really learn to talk. He will repeat anything we say, and not just once, but about a million times. I was in the shower this morning and had turned on Dora. All at once I hear him talking to the TV. Do you remember when they first did that? This was he first time answering dora. I loved it. Then I was changing his diaper and he had a talking Zurg toy. He says something about "infinite power" which is really funny repeated and then he asks "do you dare take on the all powerful Zurg" (paraphrasing) To which Cade responds "no". Smart kid. I am baffled that he knows the difference in what a question is and how to anwser. He has also started repeating the books we read at night. Tyson knew Goodnight Moon by heart, for Meg it was Where is Puppy, Caden's book of choice is Moo, Baa, La La La. With all the talking that the other two do around here, I am sure that my love for his words may fade rapidly, but for right now I love it.

3 comments:

wackyjackie said...

Dylan was like that. He only said a few words til after he was 2 and then one day he was speaking full sentences. I wouldn't have worried too much either - I always though of Cayden as the strong silent type! I guess not anymore.

Misty said...

That is so fun! I think it is always so funny when they start talking to the TV too!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Kids are smart! And they say the funnest things! Wahoo for talking and saying silly things that make us laugh...especially when we are mad!