Wednesday, November 12, 2008

cheese soup

I am not the type to post my favorite recipes. I admittedly don't cook a bunch, or cook things that require recipes.
ie... Cut hot dog in half and roll packaged croissant around hot dog.
Bake.
However,
On Monday I was missing my mother (again) and really missing her wonderful cooking. It was slightly cooler weather so I decided to make my favorite Mom comfort meal... Cheese Soup.
Randy loved it, the kids loved it, and I was almost in tears eating it! (yes it is that good, but also a crazy hormonal pregnant lady here)
So here is my mother's wonderful Cheese Soup Recipe...

1/2 cup butter
3 Tbs chopped onion
3 stalks celery chopped
2 grated carrots
Saute together

Add
2 10oz cans chicken broth
cover and simmer 30 mins

Add
3 cans cream of potato soup
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp parsley
1 drop tabasco

Stir in 1 cup sour cream
Simmer 15 minutes

Enjoy!!

9 comments:

Kimberly Dykhouse said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. It sounds so good. I can't wait to try it out on my family. Perfect fall comfort food.

Elena said...

you're making me hungry. i'll have to try it.

Jennifer said...

That sounds so yummy.. Definitely gonna try it :) And Comfort food is always nice especially missing family members like our moms! :)

Jen said...

I am going to have to try this one--sounds yummy!

Elise said...

I'll have to try it! Love the explanation of Christmas...how fun :-)

Brooke said...

That soup sound's good. I'll have to give it a try. I still need to get a recipe from you. I think you called them "chicken rolls". That was when Ryan and I came over for dinner a few years ago. I can't believe it's been a few years since I have seen you. We are bad!!!

Whidget said...

OKay this is SO SAD, but I have somehow managed to lose your Sugar Cookie Recipe yet AGAIN. I know, how sad!? Is there any chance you could blog with that!? I am excited to try the cheese soup, too.

So excited for your number 4!! Do you have a name picked out yet?

-Bridget

Kim said...

that sounds REALLY good. I am for sure going to try it!

I have been thinking about you alot and can't wait to hear how everything goes with new baby Barr!love you lots!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I'm IN! Sounds great!