Wednesday, January 21, 2009


I have a favorite picture from when I was younger. Well, now that I think about it I have a few, but the one that this post is about is a beautiful everyday shot of my mother, in her swimsuit, rocking me. I love it for so many reasons. My mother is so naturally beautiful. I love how it captures that beauty. I also love that it is just she and I. Being the sixth child there aren't too many photos taken of me, and even fewer of me with my mother. You know how we moms are. Either always behind the camera or never put together enough for a photo. I love that this is an everyday shot. It was July in Texas so I am sure that this is what we did everyday, she would sit by the window so she could watch all the other kids swim and rock me before nap. I might be wrong and mom can correct me if I am but that is how I pictured it. This is another reason I love it. I can picture it, I see her going and laying me down after I have fallen asleep, then heading to the kitchen to make her millionth batch of sandwiches, get someone a drink, and then add yet another dinner for eight to her resume. Can you see it? Look at her face, she is a little tired.
But she did it.
Everyday.
It gives me hope. It gives me strength. I too can do it.
Although I have less children and more help, and I will not do it as gracefully as she did.
I will do it too.

10 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

What a beautiful post Tracie! That picture is a treasure!!! You are following in your mom's footsteps gracefully...I am sure she had her days too and I bet she waited all day for her chance to sit quietly and rock you! Take care!

Kimberly Dykhouse said...

What a lovely memory. I'm sure your kids will have plenty of those as they look back at pics of you and them later on. You guys are just a neat family.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You are so pretty. I loved this post!

Jen said...

That is an amazing picture. It spoke to me before I even knew what it was! You are a terrific mom and it looks like you had a terrific example in your mom! Lucky girl!

Muggle Mom said...

your mom still looks the same. :) and you look gorgeous!

Barlow Fam said...

You got me all teary. Beautiful moms!

Johanna said...

Beautiful post, got me to cry too.

wackyjackie said...

You are so sweet. I'm sure your mom appreciates that you realize how much work she did.

Lauren said...

What a sweet post! I know I appreciate my mom more than ever!

Julie G. said...

That's like the perfect mother's day tribute!! You're mom is beautiful, as are all of her children. Sure makes you think about all that our Mom's have gone through and how much we have or will go through with our own families. (HUG)