Friday, March 13, 2009

8 is great!

On the 10th, Randy and I spent an evening at a wonderful Inn in Austin to celebrate our 8th anniversary. We had a terrific time. We started the day with a great lunch at Centerpoint Station. Then did some kid free shopping at the outlet mall. I forgot how much I used to enjoy shopping. We then took off to Austin.



We went to see the bats under a bridge. Yes I thought the same thing, but it really did end up being a pretty neat site. There are about a million bats that all come out at the same time and they follow the same flying patterns. After that we headed to 6th street, where we encountered a lot of homeless people, one drunk man wearing a thong and the best chocolate cake we have ever had.


We slept in and woke to very cold, wet weather. We checked out and headed to the Capitol. Took the guided tour and had our fill, (my fill) of history.



On the way home we stopped by The Saltlick. Which is a very very good Bar-b-que place in Driftwood TX. It has been said to be better than Rudy's. We didn't pick a winner, they both are wonderful but totally different.



It was a great get-a-way. Thanks to Tiffany and Courtney who took care of our babies.
And of course Randy for begging me to marry him!

12 comments:

Kimberly Dykhouse said...

Sounds like so much fun. You guys are too cute. Congrats on 8 years down! On to eternity......

Misty said...

Very Fun!! You deserved the break!!!!! Which Inn did you choose?

Carl and Starla said...

Congrats on 8! Yeah, bats? Scary, but I'm glad you had fun!

Ruth said...

My brother lives in Stephenville, TX and has told me about the Saltlick. Even my parents talked about it. Guess I'll have to get there someday. Sounds like a fun anniversary. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

happy anniversary. What day is your anniversary... cause ours is on the 13th of march. it sounds like you had a fun and a relaxing time. congrats on the 8 yrs!

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you got a little break too!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Congrats on #8! You guys are an amazing duo and we miss you!!

Whidget said...

I love the saltlick--definitely better than Rudy's!!! It's one of a kind, too. I am glad you guys had a blast--I can't wait until we reach 8--in like 5 years! HA! Miss you guys so much!!

Bridget

BreAna said...

Happy anniversary! Randy your family is so darling. I am so happy for you.

Jessica Wille said...

That looks like an awesome trip! Happy Anniversary!! Where did you get the chocolate cake??

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You guys are perfect together! I am so glad you got away for a minute! Love you! Randy too.

J-Mar said...

Congrats to ya'll!

We love Centerpoint Station, you made me hungry :)