Thursday, September 2, 2010

Windcrest

While my parents have been out of the country, I have managed a few rental properties that they own. It required a trip over last week. They are within a two mile radius of my childhood home. So of course I drove the kids by to see where mom was brought home from the hospital, lost her first tooth, learned to swim, was stung by a wasp, and was braver than than uncle tim when running down the hall to turn on grandma's light. I also drove them by the pond that we were always playing. They really wanted to feed the ducks, only two things stood in the way...

Ducks.
And
Something to feed the ducks.

Luckily I grew up in a wonderful little community where there are TWO ponds within a block of each other. The other pond had plenty of ducks.
Also very luck for us, I had gone to Costco and had a whole loaf of bread in the car.
Too much of a coincidence to ignore...

We fed the ducks.









My kids were in heaven. And even if Lucas was running barefoot through duck mess, I felt like a good momma! They are old enough to let run and I happened to not have any babies around to distract my attention from them.

Them and The Moment.
It was wonderful.

Not to mention the flood of memories that were prodded by all of Meg's questions. It was quite prefect.

I did promise to go back with daddy.

And Shoes!

3 comments:

connie said...

How can they all be so darn cute! I just wish I was there. You are such a cute talented mom to blog the way you do!!

Lauren said...

Love it!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Perfect. I love those moments. Good job to record it!