We have a good behavior system that has been in place for a couple years now and really seems to work for us. It is our "marble jars". Very simple, because I am not one to make things complicated. Each kid has a jar with their name on it, they get marbles when I say they get marbles:) When I catch them being kind, for cleaning, for 'babysitting', for extra help, or any other time I need to bribe them. And the number of marbles varies on my mood, their mood, and the size of the job. When their jar is filled they earn a date. A date with either mom or dad, that they pick. We tried toys but that didn't stick. We like dates. Now Tyson has been a bit creative in getting what he wants with his marbles. His last date was a date to Toys R Us. hmmm?
Smart kid.
This time he wanted a pet. We have a dog and will not be adding any more pets to our home, but Randy caved and decided a beta isn't a real pet. Not much work on our part, and pretty durable.
So this is Rex...

Caden is working extra hard now.
oh joy.
2 comments:
Yep, we did that too!! Each girl has one in their rooms. And now they double as night lights.
Marble Jar....great idea!!!!
Post a Comment