I had my four kids plus a few extras that I had fed breakfast and lunch, played and changed, then put just a handful down for naps. At this point I realized I was hungry.
I had not eaten all day and it was 2:30pm. I went into the kitchen to fix a snack, at this point I realize that there are three children close enough to see me making a snack so instead of getting all set and then having them eat all MY snack, I offer to make some for them. Now this snack is more than I would normal make for myself but happens to be a new thing at our house and I was craving.
Toast with Nutella and strawberries.
(I know we are only 5 years late to the Nutella bandwagon.)
I now had four kids sitting waiting for a snack. They multiple when snack is offered. I fix four pieces of toast and put two more in the toaster for me. I have placed the last strawberry slice on MY toast and a little voice asks for more. MORE? Sure dear, I have a piece right here, I don't really need two pieces anyhow, right? Then the other three chime in... Me too please! Of course my loves, I am not starving or grumpy. I am however becoming concern with the dwindling amount of strawberries I have left.Four kids two pieces each and one left for me. Toast in hand and in walks another,
Can I have one?
Queue sad music.
I will be headed to the store later for more strawberries.
And some ice cream because I deserve it... Dang it!
tracie
2 comments:
I'd still be crying. Then I'd make sure the kids knew what the kid snacks were (cheap cookies from Walmart) and what the adult snacks were (anything with Nutella). By the way, when I came home from Europe last year I went through a Nutella kick. After a month my kids were positively disgusted with it. :)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pure.indosat.care
Post a Comment