Wednesday, February 27, 2008

released

I got released on Sunday from Young Women's. I knew this was coming for two weeks, yet I was much more upset than I expected. It was only 6 months or so that this ward has been a ward so it was very sudden. Looking back I have been in Young Women's for almost seven years. When we were first married I got put in and then took a little break when we moved back to San Antonio. Randy and I did activities for a year and then right back to YW. I have loved it. I love the girls and everything that I learned. I was so proud last year when I got my first wedding annoucement from one of my Vegas girls. Then I cried when another one hugged me on Sunday. I know that the Lord has His reasons, but I wanted to reflect on the fact that I do love these girls. I am sure I will find a home in the next calling. And hey- I don't have to go to camp this year! (ok- I hate to camp but I really do love girls camp)Here's to whats around the corner.

8 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

I understand getting attached the the YW. I love the YW in my ward as well and though it was an answer to prayers when I got released, I was so sad because I just LOVE those girls. Yes, I do not get to 'hang-out' with them every Wed. night, but it is still fun to see them in the hall, have them come babysit and the laurels still text message me. ;) I know whatever they call you to, you will do great!

The Baker said...

I am just the opposite. I did an activity with the YW last week and I was thinking when I got home...I am so glad to be in primary, I just can't deal with the attitudes. But then again I have never been anywhere but primary. I know you are great at everything you do!

PrincessKatie said...

Tracie,

I bet you were the best in Young womens. I am sure the girls all looked up to you and loved you. Thats sad that you are being released but I knwo you will have left a great impact on all the girls lifes you touched. And I think that is so awesome you got a invitation to a temple wedding of one of your girls. I can only imagaine what joy you must feel in your heart. Good luck with your next adventures in church.

Barlow Fam said...

I'm so sorry, it's hard to leave a place you call home. The girls will miss you but you will be amazing in this next chapter. Keep us posted.

Elena said...

I bet you were perfect in YW but you'll thrive in your next calling. New experiences always come with some trepidation. Best of luck - and I'm sure the girls will keep what you've taught them in their hearts.

Courtney said...

That makes me so sad you were released! You are so cute and so good in YW! But whatever calling you get next, I'm sure you will be just as good in! :)

Lauren said...

I always look forward to Wednesday nights with the girls. I am already dreading the day I will be released.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I wasn't jealous of your drive every Tuesday - but it made me happy that we are in this together!! Onward and upward!!