I guess you could say that I have been in a slump lately. "And when you're in a slump, you're not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done." Dr. Seuss. Between the miscarriage, sick kids and husband, getting released and called to nursery, and having strep twice. I haven't been much fun to be around. Not depressed, (i have been there) but not now, just tired. So I thought that I was still hiding it well and going on with life, but I guess a true friend can always tell. So last Friday night after my call from the doctor telling me that I have strep again, my wonderful friends came and took me to dinner. An "I love T.B." night. Trooly planned a wonderful kidnap Tracie and show her we love her dinner. It was going to be a very well hidden surprise but they told me on Thursday to make sure I was feeling up to it. It was the best girls night! I had such a great time. I don't think that I have laughed and almost cried in the same night since Randy and I were dating. It was the perfect escape. Plus Cheesecake! Thank you to all my wonderful friends. It is so nice to be loved! And I do love all of you!
8 comments:
i TOTALLY missed that you miscarried. :( i am so sorry tracie. :( i'm in town for a couple days if you'd like to do lunch. just email me.
nicole
mugglemom78 at cebridge dot net
Tracie, you are such a sweet friend. You totally deserved an I love T.B. night! And anytime you laugh and almost cry in the same night has got to be a good one! Love ya!!
I'm so glad you had fun and I hope that we were able to get you "un-slumped". I know that we all got a little pick-me-up from our fun girls night out so thanks for being so loveable!
Thank goodness for good friends. We had friends like that in Seattle - they were amazing. Hope yours pulled you out of your funk.
I do love TB!!!!
What great friends you have. I think a lot more of us need good friends like tha tto help us through the rough times. I have been in a slump lately too so I can sorta relate how life must be. I hope things start looking up soon for you!
I would call that more than a slump. Hang in there. Sorry I missed out on the fun. I love TB too!
I'll always be there to help you out of a slump cause I love T.B.!
Post a Comment