Tuesday, March 25, 2008

the name game

How did I pick my babies names? I guess it should be how "we" picked them, but it was really me and he had the right to veto! Randy and I find it pretty easy, we usually have the names before the test has time to dry!

Meg Tiffanie-- This is all because I have always loved the name Meg. My best friend in college, her name is Megan and I told her once, by accident that I didn't really like the name Megan as much as Meg! I hope that I didn't hurt her feelings, and if I did, I am sure she got over it when I named my baby after her. Right Megan? And Tiffanie is my one and only sister!

Tyson David-- Tyson was going to be Staten. We both kind of decided that we were over that one and now that I think about it, it may have been Randy's idea. I don't really know, we just liked it! David hit a lot of meaning, it is Randy's dad's name and my brother's middle and Randy's best friend's name. We covered some ground using that one.

Caden Kimball-- I didn't realize that Caden was number 1 on the list in 2006 or he may have come out different. We loved Cade, by we I mean ME. Randy wouldn't go for it. He thinks that we did Meg a huge disservice by naming her with 2 short names "meg barr" So there was no way he would let me go with Cade. We compromised with Caden and he said that I could call him Cade, but we still haven't. Kimball was a given, my maiden name!

The next one I am pretty sure will be Brinly or Lucas! Randy is still trying to get me to give in on Lucas. It may just grow on me by then. Again it is the short version of each that I really like. Brinn and Luke. I guess we will wait and see!

Thanks for the fun tag Becca! I tag: Kristy, Katie, Kristen, Megan, Susie, Elena and Jessica. And anyone else that hasn't done it! A good one for the "books"!

7 comments:

Elena said...

Love the names. And, I'm glad you named Meg what you wanted her to be called. Now she won't have to correct everyone for the rest of her life.

Jen said...

I love your kid's names--cute kiddos too! I think this is a great idea for a post. I need to get on it and do a name post myself.

Kristy said...

Cute story! Don't worry Brad wouldn't let me choose a one syllable name too!

The Baker said...

I do forgive you, it's okay that you don't like my full name, we have a Jackson and everyone calls him Jack so we are sort of thinking we should have just named him that! Oh well. This is fun I am going to have to do it on mine.

Courtney said...

I have a cousin who named her little girl Brinnley and I think it is so cute!!! and i'll have to ask you sometime how you were going to pronounce Staten...I love unique names!

wackyjackie said...

I love Meg Barr. I love that you named her just Meg.

J-Mar said...

How cute to see! I agree, this stuff just makes the book better.