

How am I going to do this without her?
don't get me wrong. i know i will be fine. it is just that i have been so blessed to have her at every birth and i am a little over hormonal today so i am having a pity party. logically i know it is possible but really - how do women do this without their moms. i have randy and my wonderful sister and great friends, plus i am a pro by now right?! there is just something about having her there i will miss terribly.


17 comments:
Oh you sweet thing. You're going to make me cry! You're going to do it just fine, and your mom is going to miss you just the same. Life challenges never are easy. You're going to rock this delivery though!!! : )
Oh Tracie, that made me sad. My mom is in India right now. She can visit but I can relate to how you're feeling. It's not just the birth, but afterwards, you can't just pick up the phone and call about something, or count on her to be there at a moment's notice. I'm sorry this little one will be different for you in that regard. You can do it :).
I wish I had something great to say to make you feel better. I wasn't able to have my Mom with me when any of my children were born (not that she would have been allowed in during the actual delivery). I definitely felt her absence though. My mom was just as sad about it as I was so I'm sure your Mom is sad too. I did have my sisters near for the first 2 babies and this time it was hard not to have them. It did help to have such wonderful friends, like you, here to help. I'm here whenever you need me!
I totally understand. I am so sorry.
OF COURSE you will miss having your mom there, and OF COURSE you will do just fine. My thoughts are with you, though, I know that must be difficult.
Oh, I am so sorry my friend. That would stink. I still call for my mom when I throw up. I can't help it. We will always need our moms like that. How amazing that we are moms and someone needs us like that too. You will be in my prayers.
Mom's are the best...and yours is definately a special lady!! It will be lonely without her, but you are ready and you will get through it all! She is only a phone call away!!!
You have a great mom Tracie, but I am sure you will be fine. Don't you just hate hormones! I sure do.
Oh Tracie! You brought tears to my eyes. You are a mom now and just think that Meg will feel the same way about you some day.
Love You!
Tracie, these sweet pictures made me tear up too! Fortunately we are stronger than we think, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier! Love ya!
My mom has been there for 2 of the 4. She wasn't there for Dylan or Kendall and I did miss her. Luckily we have wonderful husbands to support us!
Bless your dear heart! How special that you've had her at every birth! I'm sure it won't be the same...but thank goodness for sisters and good friends!!!
I know what you mean. Of course you will do fine, but that doesn't mean you won't miss her like crazy.
My mom and I have become very close in recent years and my mom is not exactly doing the greatest health wise but I will have her here for this pregnancy and I had her for the birth of my son as well. I am very thankful for that. My mom gave me a pedicure while I was in the hospital for the birth of my first kid. That was the nicest thing anyone could have done for me. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel.
Hey I live in San Antonio too. I found you on Julies website. My True Grits. I love Julie. I would love to get to know you. My website is
http://breelynfaith.blogspot.com/
I am a new blogger and have been looking at a ton of blogs. Hope to get to know you. Carissa
I hoep you are feeling better! Your mom will want to fly back after reading your post! keep smiling!
I am so sorry.
Post a Comment