Wednesday, October 8, 2008
a new woman
I have hit that mark in this pregnancy where I am done. I haven't gotten dressed in about four days. (i have put on clothes, just not anything other than sweats and my brother's old t-shirts) I hate that nothing fits and even my maternity clothes are lacking appeal. So- I called a friend. Let me tell you- I am A NEW WOMAN. I borrowed a few adorable shirts and quite a few pairs of blue jeans. I didn't think that it would fit because she is a smaller lady than myself, but I tried some things on last night and I was thrilled. I love that I now feel like I can make 43 more days. New clothes are so fun. I feel cute again! Thanks Suzie!!! OH AND- I laughed when I saw the jeans she had were a size 4 and 6. yea right, I am not a 4 or a 6. But guess what? For right now I am!!(never mind that all maternity jeans have a huge banned of elastic around the waist.) I love the makers of maternity clothes. That is the right way to get me to buy more. Lie to me! Nothing like wedding dresses, does anyone remember that. My wedding dress was a size 14! Yes, I did have a few more pounds on me then, but come on. Make a bride feel better about herself not like a she's gaining pounds every second. Someone from maternity please go share your wonderful marketing scheme with bridal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Yay for new clothes! I am sure you are still adorable (and I really mean that!)
You would be cute in the old sweats and shirts. But, yes, new clothes make a girl feel better. As for sizing, go to Banana Republic when you are finished. You may not be able to buy anything because of the crazy prices, but just try on the clothes. You'll be 1-2 sizes smaller and leave with a smile on your face. 47 days is nothing. It'll be here before you know it.
OH, new clothes always help us feel better!!
Yay!! I knew they would fit. I'm so glad that they have helped give you a boost. These last few weeks can be so hard. I found that other skirt and will bring it tomorrow.
Good for you, I am glad you still have clothes that even fit. I think the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with Ivy nothing fit! I went a week over and still kept teaching school so I think those last few weeks I might have given my students a belly show while writing on the board!
Amy J.
I'm glad you are feeling good! There is nothing like new, cute clothes to make you feel better! Thanks for stopping by our blog!
Yea for new clothes! You are almost done!
I start outgrowing clothes at 5 months! I hate that, glad you have a good friend to loan you some!
Hooray! I should have called yesterday! We had playgroup for Carson's age here and Zack asked if Tyson could come over to play with him. I figured it was to last minute. I am so glad you got a boost! I hate that I missed your shower! Maddy had a daddy daughter Activity days and they didn't get home until after 8. Hope you had a WONDERFUL time!!!
Maybe I should get out my maternity clothes!! I'd love my clothes to lie to me.
how awesome for great friends and new clothes. Hope you are all doing well and that Randy is better now.
Hi! I have a short white robe from Motherhood-
Do you want it??? For after the baby.
Oh I know what you mean about wedding dresses! They are awful! No wonder all brides go on a diet while planning the wedding.
I'm glad you are feeling a bit better about the last few weeks of your pregnancy. You are awesome, Tracie.
Post a Comment