Thursday, February 21, 2008
I'm not a faker
My throat was killing me on Wednesday night. I had an earache that day so I thought that it was all a upcoming cold. It got really, really bad. I couldn't swallow, meanwhile Randy has a 104 temperature, I got up Thursday and called the doctor. I usually don't go to the doctor, but it was really bad. So, I go in and he looks in my throat and feels my glands. He said"oh it looks a little red" then about my ears, " there is fluid, but it isn't strep." Took my temperature, with a oral thermometer, I haven't seen one of those since I went to the nurse in elementary school. It was 96 degrees. I felt like garbage. I told him that it was really bad and that I was sure it wasn't a cold. He did the strep test. The one that takes 24 hours, not the rapid test! Then told me again that he was sure it wasn't because I didn't have a rash or a fever. He told me to gargle with salt water and chew some gum. Needless to say, I was very upset. I broke down in the car and then came home a told Randy that I wasn't sure if I was sick or not. He told me I wasn't but I still couldn't stand the pain in my ear and throat. I took my temperature with our ear thermometer and it was 101.6. I laid down and only got up when Randy couldn't. We took turns resting and changing the movies for the poor kids. End of the really long story that I didn't intend to be long, is that they called today and guess what....I HAVE STREP! I was so angry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I know exactly what you are going through!!! Now is when you need everyone else to pitch in with your kiddos! Get better soon!!!
I'm so sorry you're sick! I'm glad you got to prove the Dr. wrong. You're a mom, you know when there's something wrong. Even on yourself. Get better soon!
Oh ya, I'm so glad you are back to blogging. I've really missed you!
I totally feel your pain. Keith and I have both been sick since Wednesday and It just won't go away. It's been a long two days. I'm sure it has been for you too. Get well soon!
Argh! I'm sorry the doctor didn't trust you. How frustrating. Like you don't know your own body?! Get better quickly. By the way, after reading your last post, you completely amaze me. No wonder you are sick.
I am so sorry! I hate being sick!!
I am so sorry! I can't believe that your idiot Dr. didn't trust you. I NEVER get a fever when I get strep... it took my Dr. a few times to believe it. I got a new Dr. I hope you feel better soon. And the last post about the nine kids exhausted me just reading it! We need to hear about the tickets...
Tracie, I'm so sorry to hear ya'll are so dang sick! Your experience proves that doctors DON'T know everything and I HATE the ones that think they do! Geez! Get well soon. :)
I"m so sorry to hear you aresick. Too bad teh doctor wouldn't have realized that sooner to start helpoing you. I hope Randy and the kids are taking good care of you. It isn't fun to be sick yet alone as a mom. And after your crazy week last week I am sure you'd prefer not to be sick. HOpe your well soon. I have been missing you posting!
Strep is the worst! My sister has had it 4 times this winter and my girls have had it 3 times this winter...not fun. I hope you start feeling better!
Post a Comment